Winning image 2016: Mirror of Heaven: Byzantine Silverware in Use by Heaven Hunter-Crawley
The ‘Research as Art’ Competition 2017 is now open with a deadline of 8th April 2017. Research as Art gives you, the researcher, member of staff or student, an opportunity to capture the humanity and beauty of your research with both an image and a short narrative.
The competition is open to all staff and researchers from undergraduate to professor; studying, working or supporting research in any field or discipline. This includes Arts and Humanities, Engineering, Human and Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Science and Management. Everything!
Why should you enter?
- Communication and recognition; an opportunity to engage and enthuse the public with your research
- Your entry will be shown at international, national and local venues
- Have your research promoted through the University website, external project links and social media
- Your entry will be judged by a distinguished panel of UK journalists, researchers and photographers
- Each entry is reproduced on postcards for you to use to promote your research.
- Previous entries have been selected for inclusion in numerous university publications including Swansea University Momentum and as the university Christmas card
How to apply
- Capture a visual representation of your research as a JPEG and TIFF file
- Give it a title
- Write a short compelling paragraph – about the research, the human aspect…whatever you feel makes for an interesting snapshot or narrative of your research (150 words)
- Complete an application form
- Send your entries to: SurfImage@swansea.ac.uk by closing date of 8th April 2017
More details on the competition and how to enter plus images of previous year’s entries can be found at SURF Research as Art.
Student Communications Officer Tuesday January 24th, 2017
Campus News, Misc