If you start your night out like this…
Don’t end it like this…
Swansea University, UWTSD and FirstCymru are asking students not to place themselves in a vulnerable position on a night out by becoming separated from your friends. What can you do?
- Have a buddy system and know who they are going home with- make sure you have a meeting point if you lose your friends.
- Have your friend’s number handy and not just on your phone! There are some chargers in the Swansea Help Point but not for all phones, so make sure your write their numbers down.
- If you do find yourself needing help then visit the Swansea Help Point. This is a safe haven for those who may be injured or vulnerable whilst on a night out in Swansea, a place where they can receive treatment for injuries and seek refuge until they can be reunited with friends or family.
Student Communications Coordinator Tuesday January 31st, 2017
Join our amazing Amsterdam Weekender – Great price and no hassle!
- Departing 16th February 2017
- 3 nights for £164
- Leave Swansea Thursday 16th February early evening, travel
over-night by luxury coach (Time for some energy sleep!)
- Arriving Amsterdam Friday 17th February early morning
Check in at the Meininger Hostel (A fabulous hostel – check out
- 2 nights and 2 days free to enjoy and explore this
‘pretty fun-sized’ city
- We provide two escorts to join you as a point of contact
and for any assistance
- Depart Sunday 19th February around midday to arrive back
to Swansea around midnight
- Price includes: All travel, accommodation, breakfast
and travel insurance
- City excursions can be pre-booked at the travel shop beforehand
THIS TRIP IS POPULAR! BOOK EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!
To book or for more information:
01792 205678 X 5476
Student Communications Officer Monday January 30th, 2017
We are conducting research to revise and revalidate an observational assessment tool commonly used in brain injury rehabilitation, known as the St Andrews-Swansea Neurobehavioural Outcome Scale (SASNOS), We are looking for individuals between 18 and 65 years of age, who speak fluent English to take part in a simple online study. You will be asked to attend two sessions (two weeks apart) and fill in a series of questionnaires. Each session will take around 15-20 minutes to complete. You will receive £7 as a thank you for taking part. If you would like to take part in this research, please email P.Foscarini-Craggs@swansea.ac.uk.
Contact Email :
Student Communications Coordinator
Misc, Surveys and Studies
The International@CampusLife drop-in sessions for today & Wednesday (14:00 -16:00hrs) are cancelled.
Normal service will be available for rest of the week.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
If you have an urgent query, please contact the office by telephone on 01792 602000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Communications Coordinator
Leave a Comment
Next Page »
Enhancing the Health and Wellbeing of the University Community
At the start of 2017 we are teaming up with Stop Smoking Wales to provide free advice to quit smoking from stalls in the following locations:
- Singleton Campus – On the 31st of January 2017 Stop Smoking stall at Fulton House outside the Travel Shop.
- Bay Campus – On the 7th of February 2017 Stop Smoking stall at School Of Management Atrium
The University is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for all. To promote the health and wellbeing of non-smokers, all enclosed buildings must remain smoke free. Smoking including E-cigarettes and vaping is only permitted in designated zones as follows:
Bay Campus designated zones (marked locally by signs) are:
- Gower Square
- Margam Square
- Pedestrian Area (Northeast Corner of Innovation Hub and Northeast Corner of SMART)
- Pedestrian Area alongside School of Management (Opposite The Tower)
- Outside food court terrace
- Courtyard of residences (designated areas)
Singleton Campus designated zones are:
- Between the side of Taliesin and Keir Hardie building
- Between the side of Glyndwr and Grove building
- Opposite the main entrance of Margam building
- East side of Richard Price building (opposite residences)
More information and smoking cessation support is available at the University Occupational Health centre, Ground floor of Penmaen Building (East side), Call: 01792 295538 or Email: email@example.com and via http://www.stopsmokingwales.com.
Student Communications Officer