- This event has passed.
Being out in the work place
February 10 @ 16:00 - 17:00
Do you identify as LGBTQ+ or are you a manager or employer looking to increase your knowledge to better support your staff in this area.
Join us as a panel of Swansea University alumni share their knowledge and experiences of being out in the workplace.
- Could being out at work hurt your career?
- Does coming out at work happen just once?
- Do you have complete control over whether you come out at work or not?
- What kind of responses can I expect if I decide to come out?
- Does coming out get easier over time?
- What are the benefits of being out in the workplace?
Please note: cameras will be off and participants muted during the webinar. Questions or comments can be typed in the chat and will be fully anonymous.
Our panel will be chaired by Dr Alys Einon-Waller, Associate Professor of Midwifery and Reproductive Health. Alys is an activist for the LGBTQ+ community and chair of the Swansea University LBGTQ+ Staff Network.
Our Panel members include;
David Kerr PhD (2013) Materials Engineering. Lead Engineer, Canadian Department of Defence.
Nicola Pallett, BSc (2005) Business Information Technology, Senior Manager, New Day Ltd.
Nathan Buehler, MSc (2016) Investment Management, Financial Analyst, Lockheed Martin.